We understand that you may have some questions or concerns about our So Nice products. We do our best to answer some of the frequently asked questions right here.
- Is So Nice made with organic soybeans?
- Are the soybeans genetically modified?
- What vitamins and minerals are added to So Nice fortified soy beverage?
- Is So Nice gluten free?
- Is So Nice cholesterol free?
- Does So Nice contain animal products?
- How much calcium does So Nice fortified soy beverage contain per serving?
- Is So Nice fortified soy beverage lactose free?
- Can I feed So Nice fortified soy beverage to my child?
- Can I cook with So Nice fortified soy beverage?
- Can I freeze So Nice fortified soy beverage?
- 1. Is So Nice made with organic soybeans?
- Yes! All the soybeans used to produce So Nice are certified organic
- 2. Are the soybeans used to produce So Nice genetically modified?
- No - all the soybeans used to produce So Nice are non-genetically modified.
- 3. What vitamins and minerals are added to So Nice fortified soy beverage?
- Vitamins added include Vitamins A, D2, B12 and Riboflavin. Minerals added include phosphorus, calcium in the form of tricalcium phosphate, and zinc in the form of zinc gluconate. The iron is naturally occurring.
- 4. Is So Nice gluten free?
- So Nice is 100% gluten-free and is suitable for people with Celiac Disease.
- 5. Is So Nice cholesterol free?
- Yes, So Nice is 100% cholesterol free.
- 6. Does So Nice Soyganic contain animal products?
- So Nice is 100% free of animal products and is suitable for vegetarian and vegan diets.
- 7. How much calcium does So Nice fortified soy beverage contain per serving?
- Each serving of So Nice contains an average of 308 mg of calcium (28% of the Recommended Daily Intake for Canadians/30% of the Daily Value for Americans). Calcium is added in the form of a natural mineral salt called tricalcium phosphate.
- 8. Is So Nice fortified soy beverage lactose free?
- So Nice is 100% lactose free and a perfect alternative to milk. Lactose is the natural sugar found in dairy milk and lactase is the enzyme required to break down the lactose. Some people have little or no lactase in their bodies, which means they cannot digest dairy milk and dairy milk products. The common symptoms of lactose intolerance are stomach pains, bloating, gas, diarrhea and nausea.
- 9. Can I feed So Nice fortified soy beverage to my child?
Yes. Choose one of the fortified products for your child or teenager. These are appropriate for children aged 2 years of age and older, because they contain specific vitamins (A, D, B12, and riboflavin) and minerals (calcium and zinc) that are important for growth and vibrant good health. Fortified So Nice soy beverages are a benefit for adults, too.
During the first two years of life, breast milk is your best choice, or alternatively an iron fortified infant formula. Both of these are high in healthful fats needed by growing infants. Soy beverage is not a replacement for these beverages and we don't recommend that it be given during the first year of life.
For parents wanting to give fortified So Nice to your infant between one and two years of age, we recommend that you consult with a health practitioner. Generally it is considered that fortified soy beverage can be a nutritional replacement for cow's milk providing that parents provide sufficient fat in the child's diet.
- 10. Can I cook with So Nice fortified soy beverage?
- Yes! So Nice can be used in any of your favourite dishes as you would use milk, with the exception of instant pudding.
- 11. Can I freeze So Nice fortified soy beverage?
- We do not recommend that you freeze So Nice as the product will separate when thawed. The product will be fine for cooking or baking after it has been frozen but it may have a peculiar texture for drinking.