Rules & Regulations
"I FEEL GREAT ABOUT MYSELF" CONTEST
- The "I feel great about myself" Contest is held by Earth's Own Food Company Inc. (the "Contest Organizers"). The Contest runs on the Internet from March 20, 2013 at 00:00:01 AM (ET) to June 17, 2013 at 11:59:59 PM (ET) (the "Contest Period").
- The Contest is open to residents of Canada who have reached the age of majority in their province or territory of residence. Employees, representatives and mandatories of the Contest Organizers, of any company, corporation, trust or other legal entity controlled by or affiliated to them, their advertising and promotional agencies, suppliers of prizes, material and services related to this Contest, as well as members of their immediate family (brothers, sisters, children, father, mother), their legal or common-law spouse and any individuals with whom such employees, agents and representatives are domiciled, are not eligible. "Cookies" must be accepted to enter the Contest.
HOW TO ENTER
No purchase necessary
- Basic entry. To enter, visit www.sonice.ca during the Contest Period, choose your language and click on "Click here to participate". In the space provided, write a short text to complete the following sentence: "I feel great about myself because ..." (the "Text"). Then, register in the Contest in one of the following ways:
3.1 Click on the "Connect with Twitter" icon. If you are not already logged in, enter your username or email address and password and click on "Sign in". You must have a Twitter account to enter using Twitter. You may share the contest at this stage on the Twitter platform but you will not receive extra entries; or
3.2 Click on the "Connect with Facebook" icon. If you are not already logged in, enter your email address and password and click on "Log in". You must have a Facebook account to enter using Facebook. You may share the contest on your wall or otherwise on the Facebook platform but you will not receive additional entries; or
3.3 Click on the "Connect with your email" icon and fill out the entry form by entering your email, first name, last name, and postal code. Click on "Ok I'm done".
Extra entry. A confirmation page will appear allowing you to obtain extra entries when sharing your answer and inviting friends to enter the Contest. To do so, click on "Share with my followers" on Twitter or "Share by email", by using a different platform than the one used to obtain your basic entry, and click on "Next". Follow the instructions to share your answer and invite friends. No matter the number of recipients, you will obtain one extra entry when sharing.
The following conditions apply to the Text submitted:
5.1 It must be original and the entrant must be its sole author or have obtained all required rights or authorizations for its use in the scope of this Contest.
5.2 The Text must show what makes entrants feel great about themselves.
5.3 The Text must comprise between 5 and 80 characters. Text must not have to be different for each entry.
5.4 The content of the Text must be in French on the French version of the Contest web site or in English on its English version. The Text must not violate a person's privacy rights, notably contain his/her name, or reveal intimate details about this person unless you have obtained his/her consent and in the case of a minor, the consent of a parent or legal guardian.
5.5 The Text must not hold inappropriate content, notably content which is explicitly sexual, offensive, harassing, discriminatory, libellous, violent, malicious, hateful, content which may be against knowledgeable accepted standards of good behaviour among the Canadian society or which depreciates So Nice products, other Earth's Own Food Company Inc.'s products or its affiliated companies' products or services. It must not contain suggestive language promoting an illegal activity and must not contain commercial content showing or promoting a product or service other than those of the Contest Organizers. The entrant will have to make sure he/she has obtained all required authorizations with regards to any portion of the Text submitted which is protected by copyright, any other intellectual property right or the right of a third party.
- By entering the Contest, any entrant provides the following authorization and release in connection with the Text submitted.
Statement of consent, authorization and release
in connection with the Text submitted
The Text will automatically be broadcast on the Contest web site unless the automated system reveals inappropriate content.
Given the nature of the present Contest and its entry and Text broadcast conditions, it may be difficult or impossible for the Contest Organizers to identify content which is not eligible or has not undergone the required necessary authorizations. The Contest Organizers do not require additional documentation from entrants to sustain that they have obtained the necessary authorizations before broadcast of the Text. Therefore, if a portion of the Text submitted does not comply with these Contest Rules or if the Contest Organizers have reason to believe it does not comply, they reserve the right, at their sole discretion, to disqualify the entrant's entry, to remove part of the Text or to modify it in whole or in part, notably by hiding the concerned elements. If the Text is not broadcast or is withdrawn, no entry will be awarded for such participation. No notice or explanation will be given to the entrant as to why it was decided to broadcast or not the Text submitted or why it was withdrawn.
Entry limits. Entrants must respect the following limits otherwise they may be disqualified:
9.1 There is a limit of one basic entry per day per email, one basic entry per day per Facebook account and one basic entry per day per Twitter account, for a total of three basic entries per person per day.
9.2 The use of the "Share with my followers" Twitter icon counts as one extra entry with a Twitter account, with a maximum of one extra entry per person per day.
9.3 The use of the "Share by email" icon counts as one extra entry with an email address, with a maximum of one extra entry per person per day.
9.4 The use of only one email address or Facebook account is permitted when a person owns more than one.
9.5 The use of only one Twitter account per person.
- Four grand prizes are offered. Each grand prize consists of one Mountain Equipment Coop gift card, of a value of $1,000.
- The following conditions apply to the grand prizes:
11.1 The gift card can be used at any Mountain Equipment Coop stores towards the purchase of products and services. The gift cards are subject to any and all restrictions and conditions applicable that are disclosed on it or that could be communicated by Mountain Equipment Coop.
11.2 The gift cards have no expiry date.
11.3 The gift cards cannot be refunded or exchanged for cash.
11.4 The gift cards can be used several times. The total purchase amount is deducted from the gift cards until the balance reaches zero.
11.5 The market value of the gift cards is in Canadian dollars.
11.6 In case of loss, theft, mutilation, alteration or unauthorized use, the gift cards will not be reimbursed or replaced.
- Ninety secondary prizes are offered. The secondary prizes consist of:
12.1 Forty-five Mountain Equipment Coop gift cards, of a value of $25 each. The same conditions as those applicable to the grand prizes apply to the $25 gift cards.
12.2 Forty-five vouchers, each redeemable for multiple So Nice products at participating retail stores in Canada. The value of each prize is approximately $25. The following conditions apply to the vouchers:
a) The expiry date is September 14, 2013.
b) Each voucher may be redeemed for the So Nice products identified on the voucher and available at all participating stores in Canada.
- Prize limit. There is a limit of one grand prize per person and per household and one secondary prize per person and per household.
- Secondary prizes. At 11:00 AM (ET), each day from March 21, 2013 to June 18, 2013, at the office of the agency in charge of the conduct of the Contest located in Montreal, a random draw of one eligible entry will be held among all entries registered from 0:00 until 11:59 PM the day before the draw to award one secondary prize. Secondary prizes will be awarded alternately from one draw to another, starting with a Mountain Equipment Coop gift card.
- Grand prizes. At 11:00 AM (ET) on June 21, 2013, at the office of the agency in charge of the conduct of the Contest located in Montreal, a random draw of four eligible entries will be held among all entries registered during the Contest Period to award the four grand prizes.
- Odds of winning. The odds of an entrant's entry being selected for the grand prizes depend on the number of eligible entries registered during the Contest Period. The odds of an entrant's entry being selected for one of the secondary prizes depend on the number of eligible entries registered from 0:00 until 11:59 PM the day before the draw.
AWARDING OF PRIZES
- To be declared a winner, any selected entrant must:
17.1 Be reached by email in the case of an email or Facebook entry and via Twitter for a Twitter entry, within fifteen days of the draw and must reply in accordance with the instructions given in the email or the post on Twitter. In the case of return of a prize notification as undeliverable, the entrant will be disqualified.
17.2 Correctly answer a mathematical skill-testing question which will be submitted by email.
- To be declared a winner, the selected entrant for the grand prizes must also:
18.1 Fill out and sign the Declaration and Release Form (the "Declaration Form") that the Contest Organizers will provide him/her by mail, fax or email to the effect that he/she has fulfilled all the requirements of these Contest Rules, and return it to the Contest Organizers for them to receive it within fifteen days of its receipt.
18.2 In addition to the authorizations which have already been granted in compliance with section 6 of these Contest Rules, assign all copyrights or intellectual property rights and waive all moral rights related to the Text submitted to the Contest Organizers and, if required, supply any additional documentation proving that he/she holds all rights related to the Text submitted without any form of compensation. A statement to such effect will be included in the Declaration Form.
18.3 Upon request and in a timely manner, provide an identification card with photograph.
18.4 Upon request and in a timely manner, consent to a confidential background check to confirm that the use of his/her identity in any advertising or activity associated with the Contest would not discredit the Contest or the Contest Organizers nor cause them any harm.
- Failure to comply with one of the conditions mentioned in these Contest Rules or to accept a prize will cause the selected entrant to be disqualified. In such a case, the Contest Organizers may, at their sole discretion, cancel a prize or proceed to a new selection in compliance with these Contest Rules until an entrant is selected and declared a winner.
- Within two to four weeks following the receipt of the duly completed and signed Declaration Form, the Contest Organizers will deliver to the grand prize winners their prize by mail. No later than four to six weeks following the last draw for the secondary prizes, the Contest Organizers will deliver to the secondary prize winners their prize by mail.
- Verification. Entry Forms and the Declaration Form are subject to verification by the Contest Organizers. Any Entry Form or Declaration Form which is, as the case may be, incomplete, illegible, mutilated, fraudulent, registered or submitted late, bearing an invalid email address or otherwise noncompliant shall be rejected and will not entitle to an entry or to a prize, as the case may be.
- Disqualification. The Contest Organizers reserve the right to disqualify a person or to cancel one or several entries of a person who participates or tries to participate by using methods that do not comply with these Contest Rules or that are unfair to other entrants (e.g. entries exceeding the authorized limit, violation of a third party's rights). Such a person may be reported to the appropriate legal authorities.
- Conduct of the Contest. Any attempt to deliberately damage the Contest web site and/or any related web site or to sabotage the legitimate conduct of this Contest constitutes a violation of civil and criminal laws. Should there be any such attempts, the Contest Organizers reserve the right to reject the entrant's entries and obtain legal or equitable relief under applicable laws.
- Acceptance of prize. Prizes must be accepted as described in these Contest Rules and may not, in any case, be in whole or in part transferred to another person, replaced by another prize or exchanged for cash, except as provided in the section below.
- Substitution of prize. In the event where it would be impossible, difficult and/or more costly for the Contest Organizers to award a prize as described in these Contest Rules, they reserve the right to award a prize of the same kind and of equivalent value or, at their sole discretion, the cash value of a prize as indicated in the Contest Rules.
- Liability limit: use of the prize. By entering the Contest, any entrant selected for a prize releases and holds harmless the Contest Organizers, any company, corporation, trust or other legal entity controlled by or affiliated to them, their advertising and promotional agencies, their employees, representatives and mandatories (the "Released Parties") from and against any damage resulting from the acceptance or use of the prize.
- Liability limit: prize supplier. The selected entrant for a Mountain Equipment Coop gift card acknowledges that upon awarding of the prize, the obligations related to it become the responsibility of Mountain Equipment Coop.
- Web site. The Contest Organizers do not warrant that access to or use of the Contest web site or any related web site will be uninterrupted during the Contest Period or error-free.
- Liability limit: conduct of the Contest. The Released Parties disclaim all liability for any of the following that may limit or prevent any entrant's participation in the Contest: malfunctioning of any computer component, software or communications line; loss or lack of a communications network; or any transmission that is faulty, incomplete, incomprehensible or erased by any computer or network. The Released Parties also disclaim all liability for any damages or loss that may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, by the downloading of any web page or software or by the transmission of any information related to participation in the Contest.
- Contest modification. The Contest Organizers reserve the right, at their sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend this Contest in whole or in part, should human intervention or an event take place that could alter or affect the administration, security, impartiality or conduct of the Contest as provided in these Contest Rules, subject to approval by the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux du Québec, if required.
- Termination of participation in the Contest. In the event that the computer system cannot register all Contest entries for whatever reason, or if participation in the Contest must be terminated in whole or in part before the closing date provided in these Contest Rules, the Contest Organizers may, at their sole discretion, proceed with the draw among the entries duly registered during the Contest Period or, as the case may be, up to the date of the event ending participation in the Contest.
- Prize limit. In no event shall the Contest Organizers be required to award more prizes than indicated in these Contest Rules or to award a prize otherwise than in compliance with these Contest Rules.
- Liability limit: participation in the Contest. Persons who enter or try to enter this Contest release the Released Parties from any liability for damage these said persons may incur as a result of their entry or their attempt to enter the Contest.
- Authorization. By entering this Contest, any entrant authorizes the Contest Organizers and their representatives to use, if required, his/her name, photo, likeness, voice, place of residence and/or statement regarding a prize for publicity purposes, without any form of compensation.
- Communication with entrants. No communication or correspondence related to this Contest shall be exchanged with entrants except as provided for in these Contest Rules or at the Contest Organizers' initiative.
- Personal information. Entrants' personal information collected for the purpose of the Contest will only be used to administer the Contest. No commercial or other communications unrelated to the Contest will be sent to entrants unless they have otherwise agreed to receive such communications.
- Property. Declaration Forms are the property of the Contest Organizers and shall not in any case be returned to the entrant.
- Entrant identification. For the purpose of these Contest Rules, the entrant is the person whose name appears on the Entry Form or on the Facebook or Twitter account used to enter and it is to this person to whom the prize will be awarded if he/she is declared a winner.
- Facebook and Twitter. This Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by Facebook or Twitter. The entrant is providing information to the Contest Organizers and not to Facebook or Twitter. Any questions, comments or complaints regarding the Contest must be directed to the Contest Organizers, not Facebook or Twitter. Facebook, Twitter and all affiliated companies, directors, officers, agents, and employees are not liable for any claim resulting from or related to organizing the Contest. Nevertheless, by entering this Contest, any entrant must comply with the terms and conditions of use, contracts and other policies and/or guidelines governing the Facebook or Twitter platforms and any such entrant releases and holds harmless the Released Parties from and against any damage resulting from the use of the said platforms.
- Contest Organizers' decision. Any decision by the Contest Organizers or their representatives regarding this Contest is final and without appeal, subject to a ruling by the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux du Québec on any issue under its jurisdiction.
- Litigation. For Quebec residents, any litigation respecting the conduct or organisation of a publicity contest may be submitted to the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux du Québec for a ruling. Any litigation respecting the awarding of a prize may be submitted to the Régie for the purpose of helping the parties reach a settlement.
- Unenforceability. If a section of the Contest Rules is declared or deemed illegal, unenforceable or invalid by a competent court, that section shall be considered invalid, but all unaffected sections will be applied within the limits of the law.
- Language. In case of any discrepancy between the French and English versions of these Contest Rules, the English version shall prevail.